OWNERS: Deep energy retrofit becomes high performance home.
- 2,400 sq. ft.
- Built in early 1900
- Leaky, under-insulated
- Basement had moisture
New owners wanted High Performance Home
This project involved a complete tear down of the existing home with new construction in the same footprint.
- Double stud walls, 12” thick (R-40)
- R70 in the ceiling
- Triple Pane Glass
- R20 under new basement slab
- Near Passive House blower door – very tight
- Heat recovery ventilation system
- Installed single air source heat pump
- Installed some electric baseboard as backup
$1102 per year for heating, cooling, lights, appliances, hot water, cooking and ventilation. Back up electric baseboard heat hasn’t come on in three years.